Friday, January 30, 2009

Yikes, Yates

Don't bother with Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates. It is major depressing to read and doesn't end the way I wanted it to end. I mean, I spent days reading this novel hoping at least the end would justify the means. It doesn't. The story is about some couples but mainly the Wheelers in the 1950's. Everyone in the story, all the way around, is stuck in some way in their lives. No one is happy with what their lives are or who they've become. Almost everyone has a secret (aka an affair). Now it is written very well but at times mind numbing to read. Finally it ends and i'm left with nothing to show for it. If you want to know the story or are curious then go see the movie. I'm not recommending the movie cause I haven't seen it but at least that would only waste two hours of your life and not days. just my opinion Kandis

1 comment: