Friday, January 16, 2009

The Shack by Wm. Paul Young


(I totally got this book pic from amazon thus the "click to look inside" label. you really can't look inside here but you sure can at amazon.com)
So here's my thought that sums up the book for me...."Umm, deep. hmm." Yeah that sums it up. Seriously, if you want to read a book that makes you stop and really take a look at your life and how you're living it, then this is the book for you. You will also stop and ask yourself what is your relationship with God? Could it be better? My guess is yes. It could be for me anyway. Personally, I had to reread almost every paragraph to understand the meanings and to let that meaning really sink in. Several times I had to remind myself that it was just a book of fiction and really the author's own views and thoughts. However, I began to wonder how much of this book is fictional and how much could really be based in reality. I mean doesn't God want nothing more from you than a relationship with Him and love for your fellow man. I happen to think He does. So in that case this book isn't all fictional. again, hmmm.

I read the back story about how Mr. Young came up with this idea and how it got to be a published book. Basically, he wanted a way to share his thoughts on God with his children. He so loved God that he wanted his children to know that love too. Thus he wrote this story in which he is both the main character, Mack and the daughter, Missy. Well, word of mouth traveled from his family and friends to others. He decided to publish it himself and the rest is history.

I encourage everyone i know to read this book and open your mind and eyes. Its wonderful. But to warn you the first few chapters will have you hurting for Mack and his family. So I recommend putting aside a pretty good bit of time to read this book so you can atleast get to a better spot before having to stop. Believe me you don't want to stop before things get better or you may think its not the book for you or at the very least cry yourself to sleep. Kandis

1 comment:

  1. I am reading (well listening) to this book right now! I heard it was really good from many friends. It is getting deep, but so far I like it.

    ReplyDelete